Thursday, June 25, 2009

SkillsUSA - Champions at Work


I was sifting through some of my old home videos that I want to eventually upload to YouTube and I cam across a video that I made last year for SkillsUSA. I was approached for the project by the drafting and design teacher at my school since he saw my work on the TV Production class and he figured I’d be the perfect candidate to help out with this video. So took him up on the offer.

Well with the help of one of my friends, Kevin, I got 3rd place in that Nation and then 2nd place in the State. Funny enough, I ranked 3rd place in the city of Chicago… although I think it’s the idea that I got to go down to Springfield and actually get an award medal.

The song that I used is a song that I had to buy the rights to from Immediate Music called ‘Serenada’ and I had to end up paying them $1 for the song’s use, just so long that I didn’t dishonor the contract agreement. When I look back on this video, I have to say that I couldn’t have done it this professionally without the help from my TV internship at our community television station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment