Monday, January 17, 2011

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

★★★★☆

Back in late 90s miner Harry Wardin went on a brutal killing spree when the cave that he was working on collapsed. After waking from his coma he went on another killing spree during Valentine’s Day and unfortunately the mine owner’s son, Tom Hanniger, witnessed Wardin’s bloody demise. 10 years later he has returned, estranged from the town and about to sell off the mine. However, with his return came the return of Harry Wardin and he’s doing what he does best… slicing and dicing. Sheriff Axel Palmer is on his tail but discovers something hidden within Wardin’s and Hanniger’s past. This was the best remake to come out of the 00’s. it was dark, brutal, not too serious and had characters that we love. The gore was prime, the 3D was okay but what steals the show are the actors; veteran actors Tom Atkins and Kevin Tighe add their charm to this pleasing remake.

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed this remake. It isn't a great film, but it was very fun to see in the theater (with the RealD, instead of the magenta/green 3D glasses). Also, as mentioned, Tom Atkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this movie too. What I didn't like was the 3D. It was really cheap. They had good ideas for the 3D, but it just looked bad. I haven't seen the original so I can't compare it. As far as remakes in the 2000's, don't forget Texas Chainsaw. I don't know how you feel, but I loved both of the new movies.

    ReplyDelete